Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dripping Springs, TX



(My theme is places I have visited or lived)

My oldest sister, Donna and her husband Kelley lived in Dripping Springs, TX. One Christmas our family enjoyed a family reunion in Dripping Springs. We spent a week in this beautiful suburb of Austin.

Dripping Springs is a city in Hays County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,788 at the 2010 census.

 Dripping Springs is a suburb of Austin, and is part of the Greater Austin metropolitan area.

Dripping Springs lies in the beautiful Texas Hill Country about 25 miles west of Austin, the state capitol. This beautiful Hill Country town offers majestic views, abundant wildlife, rolling hills, and rock bottom creeks.

Dripping Springs is located at  21 miles southwest of Austin. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.3 square miles (8.5 km2), all of it land. 

The name "Dripping Springs" is a misnomer, as the city's springs maintain a steady trickle.

The city bills itself as the Gateway to Hill Country, referring to the twenty-five county region known as Texas Hill Country

The talented fiddle player, song-writer, and former band member of the Bob Wills Texas Playboys, Johnny Gimble hailed from Dripping Springs.

4 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

That appears to be a very nice place to be Gregg.
Yvonne.

kc bob said...

Good post Gregg. I have been to Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington and El Paso (which I blogged about today) but I have never been to Austin. But I would like to. ツ

Arlee Bird said...

I have passed through the town and actually stopped there to get gas or something. I remember because I used to have a customer with a business there and I was thinking of them when I was there.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Heather M. Gardner said...

All these places sound very interesting.
I would love to visit more of the US.

Great theme so far.

Heather M. Gardner / @hmgardner
Co-Host, Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
The Waiting is the Hardest Part