Friday, November 6, 2015

The World Hates Believers



Scripture:  John 15:18-25



"If the world hates you, you know that it hated me before it hated you."

If the unconverted people in this world hate me, I already know that the unconverted people in the world hated Jesus before it hated me.

Observation:

The world does not know that they are considered to be sinners by God unless God informs them of their sin and their status as sinners. While the unconverted remain blissfully in their darkness they do not know that they have been condemned and are lost.

But when the light comes through Jesus Christ and exposes their sin and their status then they respond by hating Jesus Christ. Because I represent Christ, the world hates me also. The comfort or consolation in this awareness is that although the unconverted hate me, they hated Jesus first. So, if the world hates Christ, they will hate me also.  The world's sin and lost condition is revealed by Christ.

Application: 

Since this is such an important point, I need to be aware that since the lost hate Christ and the things of Christ, they will hate me, therefore, I must remain faithful, obedient, and aware of the fact that the hatred that the world has towards me is because the world hated Christ first for exposing their sin and their status as lost and condemned.

Prayer:


Father, may I always be mindful of the fact that when the world hates me it is because the world hates you for revealing to them their sin and their status.

2 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

Interesting post Gregg, don't you think the word "Hate" is a bit strong?
Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.

Gregg Metcalf said...

No. it isn't a bit strong. First. it is the word that Jesus used to describe the world's feelings towards Christians. Second, look at what has been done to Christ, the Bible, Christianity and Christians through the centuries.

Truthfully, it isn't strong enough.