Friday, February 7, 2014

The Foolishness of Debate

People, including believers, are just plain crazy to argue with the lost about creation. That is the wrong place to start. Hebrews 11:3 says "By faith (pistos) we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."

The dead in trespasses and sin will not give credence, confidence, or trust (which is what pistos means) in the fact that God created the world until and or unless the Holy Spirit first regenerates the dead soul.


Let's share the gospel, let the HS press the weight of their sin and guilt upon them until they cry out for salvation (not the sinner's prayer by the way). Let's not throw pearls to swine.

I know that believers can be all over the map and need solid bible teaching. I have grown weary of the "debate" in the press, the media, FaceBook between evolutionists and "believers." I am just saying we weren't commissioned to be a witness to creation, it is a witness unto itself, and we were commissioned to be a witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

 The biggest waste of my time, Christ’s good grace and resources was attending a "Debate" between James White and Doug Pagit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Food for thought there Gregg, Good read.

Yvonne.

jean said...

Do I ever agree with you, Gregg! I have watched and listened in the past to debates between the "believers" and "unbelievers" and wonder why should a Christian waste time debating against what is anti-Biblical as if trying to convince the unsaved of anything? Our purpose is to preach the word of God and proclaim Jesus Christ and let the Holy Spirit do His own work of convincing where the Lord wills. I learned some time ago that it is a waste of my time to watch/listen to these debates and no longer desire to do so.

laurie said...

Amen!! Very well stated and very well written. The church has forgotten what's most important, and you have rightly brought to light what that is....thank you and bless you!!

kc bob said...

Love that Hebrews verse Gregg. I used it about 30 years ago when I was teaching kids in my Jr High Sunday School class.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

An interesting post that I enjoyed reading. Glad you have Jesus in your life.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Anonymous said...

Good evening Gregg, my name is Yvonne Lewis am one of Arlee Bird's Ambassadors for the A tp Z Challenge. It goes without saying that I will be visiting your blog before, during and after the challenge. Hope you are sorting out your alphabet.
Yvonne.