Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snoopy Says...


...be Yourself! No one can say you are doing it wrong.

Be myself? (Nobody can say you are doing it wrong) This piece of advice is running around Facebook these days. I have seen it a number of times. Be myself? No, I don’t think so. Romans 7:18 says, “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is in my flesh.” (ESV)

Be myself. I think I would rather obey Christ and submit to His admonition of, If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever losses his life for my sake will save it.” (Luke 9:23, ESV)

Be myself? No, I don’t think so. I long to submit to the promise that, “…those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his son…” (Romans 8:29, ESV) Be myself just because everybody is taken? I don’t think so, Tim!

But what do you expect when folks take their theology from Snoopy?

2 comments:

jean said...

Amen,Gregg!!! More often than not, I don't even like myself. So happy that the Lord picks me up when my real self comes out! Oh! to be like Jesus Christ! What a wonderful promise that our God has predestined His children to be like His blessed Son!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree Gregg to be one's self. Though with certain people when I am I get rejected.

Yvonne.