Sunday, December 19, 2010

Eating As Fast As I Can!


have many an old book in my library in which there have been book-worms, and I have sometimes amused myself with tracing a worm. I do not know how he gets to the volume originally, but being there he eats his way into it. He bores a hole in a direct line, and sometimes I find that he dies before he gets half-way through the tome. Now and then a worm has eaten his way right through from one wooden cover to another; yes, and through the cover also. This was a most successful bookworm. Few of us can eat our way quite so far. I am one of the book-worms that have not got half-way into my Bible yet; but I am eating my way as fast as I can


--Charles H. Spurgeon

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Most original post Gregg most enjoyable.

Yvonne.

Larri said...

I'm a slow bookworm, Gregg; though my appetite for my Bible has become more voracious over the last few years. :o) Happy Sunday!

Patience said...

Thank you! That has inspired me. I am trying to read my Bible from cover to cover before February 2011 as I will be studying Theology for (hopefully) 3 years.

Cathy M. said...

Before I saw that this was a Spurgeon quote, I was thinking, "Really? Bro. Gregg has bookworms in his library?" (snicker)

I hope to increase my "wormish" appetites this year.

Anonymous said...

Bookworms are COOL!

Especially Bible bookworms :-)

~Ron

Rhomphaia (Sword) said...

I've never had bookworms- but I've always strived to be one!!

Persis said...

Great quote from Spurgeon. I hope, Lord willing, to read the entire Bible in 2011.

Mike said...

I hear the "thee's" and "thou's" are a little tough to chew on though...