Saturday, September 4, 2010

Acts 2:38

I found this fantasticly funny story on a delightful new blog I discovered called Dare To Be Different. If you haven't visited this site yet, I certainly suggest that you do! Here is the story for your delight!

This lady surprised a burglar in her kitchen. He was all loaded down with the things he was going to steal. She had no weapon and was all alone. The only thing that she could think to do was quote scripture. So she holds up a hand and says: "ACTS 2:38!!!"

The burglar quakes in fear and then freezes to the point that she is able to get to the phone and call 911 for the cops. When the cops arrive, the burglar is still frozen in place. They are very much surprised that a woman alone with no weapon could do this. One of them asked the lady: "How did you do this?"

The woman replied, "I quoted scripture."

The cop turned to the burglar: "What was it about the scripture that had such an effect on you?"

The burglar replied: "Scripture! What scripture? I thought she said she had an ax and two 38's."

10 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Most amusing Gregg, do have a smashing week-end.
Yvonne,

Alice said...

I thought she telling him to repent and be baptized! (LOL)

Persis said...

Hahaha! Good one!

Anonymous said...

Funny Story! :-)

I'll get over and visit the "Dare To Be Different" site.

Have a great weekend

~Ron

Lisa said...

LOL - that's hilarious! :)


Coming from a UPC background, Acts 2:38 is one of the first scriptures I ever memorized as a child. I'll have to remember this joke. :O)

Gregg Metcalf said...

Yvonne - glad you liked it. We are having a great weekend. My daughters are coming out today to help Shannon (my oldest) celebrate her 36 birthday; I made breakfast for everyone today - sunny side up eggs, bacon and hash browns; I made a "smashing" dry rub for to cook some baby back ribs later on, and I made a chili from scratch today that will knock your socks off and did the dishes all before 2:00 PM today!

Ma - If she had the presence of mine to remembe the scritpure that went with that reference as she paniced, she might have demanded his repentance.

Persis - I thought it was cute!

OG - I thought it was funny, glad you liked it.

Arlee Bird said...

That was a good joke, but an even better Bible verse.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Gregg Metcalf said...

Lisa - yes it was funny and I can imagine how it fits in with the UPC. Hope you can use the joke and be the hit of the "party."

Lee - I thought it was both funny and cute. Hope you like it. Yes, great verse.

IanH said...

Good one, Gregg!

kc bob said...

Very funny.