Monday, May 25, 2009

The Gospel - It Is Of First Importance!

This morning I am starting a five (5) day spring vacation. We aren't going anywhere- simply staying home and catching up on a number of things. I "slept" in this morning - really I just laid under the warm, comfy covers and let my mind race around the things that I wanted to do today. The first, was post something before I began my devotion. I have been thinking allot lately about the gospel - and I am reading a little book that was graciously given to me; A Gospel Primer for Christians, by Milton Vincent. Milton opens with this quote from C. J. McHaney's The Cross Centered Life" "If there's anything in life that we should be passionate about, its the gospel. And I don't mean passionate only about sharing it with others. I mean passionate about thinking about it, dwelling on it, rejoicing in it, allowing it to color the way we look a the world. Only one thing can be of first importance to each of us. And only the gospel ought to be." This quote seems to have come from reflecting on I Corinthians 15:1-4: "Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel - what a shame that we have to be reminded of the truths and implications of the gospel, but thank God that faithful men are given by God to remind us - I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved - unbelievable and indescribable that God has chosen to save any of us - if you hold fast to the word I preached to you -- unless you believed in vain." I hope that you have never gotten over the gospel! I hope that you think much on it and its implications to you. I shall be thinking much this week on the gospel and hope to post some thoughts off and on as God impresses these truths even deeper into my heart and soul.

Jesus is the Word of God and He is the light of the world!

No comments: