Thursday, April 23, 2009

(I Will Arise) On The Third Day

(I Will Arise) On The Third Day by Gregg Metcalf – 4/23/09 Well my heart began to brake and my eyes filled with tears For my friend had just been placed in a tomb with the dead The pain in my chest gave way to the feeling of all my fears I looked inside and saw where they laid him then someone said Don’t worry don’t fear, don’t sorrow my friend The story is not over this isn’t the end Remember what he told you - what you heard him say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day Yes I will arise the grave won’t keep me Angels will serve me don’t weep for me Just believe all the things that you heard me say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day I don’t know who was speaking those wonderful words they made me remember everything that Jesus had said I heard a new song sweeter than the sound of the birds For my Lord was risen he was no longer among the dead [so] Don’t worry don’t fear, don’t sorrow my friend The story is not over this isn’t the end Remember what he told you - what you heard him say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day Yes I will arise the grave won’t keep me Angels will serve me don’t weep for me Just believe all the things that you heard me say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day Now join me in sharing this good news of the cross So many don’t know Him and many will perish today The blood stained tree will prevent such great loss Declared God’s son because he arose on the third day Don’t worry don’t fear, don’t sorrow my friend The story is not over this isn’t the end Remember what he told you - what you heard him say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day Yes I will arise the grave won’t keep me Angels will serve me don’t weep for me Just believe all the things that you heard me say They will kill me but I will arise on the third day No, don’t worry, don’t fear, don’t sorrow my friend The story is not over this isn’t the end Remember what he told you- what you heard him say Yes, they will kill me, but I will arise on the third day Yes, they will kill me, but I will arise on the third day I will arise, yes, I will arise, I will arise on the third day

No comments: